The City of Van Meter is a chartered city with a Mayor-Council/Administrator form of government. The Mayor and five City Council members are elected at-large and each serves alternating four-year terms.
The professional staff is headed by the City Administrator and a talented team of both full and part-time employees, which includes the City Clerk, Public Works Director, Assistant Public Works Director, Library Director, Police Chief, and dedicated volunteers.
The City strives to offer a progressive, proactive, community-centered government. The staff is tight-knit, dedicated, and well-educated. Employees are encouraged to find their place in the organization and community while seeking ideas on program implementation and service styles. Management personnel encourages open lines of communication throughout all departments.
|Contract Cataloger||Public Library||Seeking Contract Cataloger|
The purpose of the Contract Cataloger will be to assign call numbers and categories for materials in the online catalog to reflect the library’s Dewey classification system.
$.50 per record payable up to $6000; paid monthly for completed records accumulated.
Laptop or PC with Internet capability.
Office space will be provided for the Contractor to work in, however working on site is not a requirement. Work may be done from anywhere on a computer with a reliable Internet connection.
Approximate time frame:
February 8 - May 30, 2016
The Contract Cataloger is responsible for classifying library materials according to national standards (AACR2, RDA) and a library-specific classification scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities are assigned by the Director. Duties include:
• Adding and editing call number information for materials in the online catalog.
• Adding and editing category classification to materials in the online catalog.
• Keeping a daily record of materials completed and submitting monthly invoices for completed records.
• Minimum: Associates degree with experience in data-entry or a related field, or combination of education and experience to meet job duties.
• Preferred: A bachelor’s degree in a related field AND two years of any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities – or an MLS or MLS in progress from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Ability to gather data related to job duties
• Knowledge of library principles, methods, techniques, and procedures
• Knowledge of computers, the Internet, and online catalogs
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Contract may be terminated if work does not conform to national standards and follow VMPL cataloging practice as well as VMPL-determined benchmarks.
|01/04/2016||02/06/2016||Please submit Resume and other applicable materials to: Dorothy Knight = email@example.com|